Riga Technical University is organizing 2nd International Summer School on Product Design & Development, dedicated to Green Technologies. It is planned as an intensive 5-day practical training on product development for early career researchers (Masters and Doctoral students) and will take place from August 15 – 19, 2016.
The aims of the Summer School are (1) to provide a platform for development of new skills in product design, business modelling and marketing that are pre-requisites for sustainable innovation and commercialization; (2) to facilitate development of new products and ideas.
The Summer School is also designed to provide participants with multiple networking opportunities and time to socialize in a relaxed atmosphere. From work in interdisciplinary teams by day to social events with barbeque, sauna and hot tub by night – we have planned all kinds of events and settings to get you netowrking, discussing and thinking outside the box!
What to expect?
- Work in a team of 4-6 people on a challenge of your choice
- Daily lectures and tasks that will help you get ahead with your main challenge
- Mentoring and support from different experts
- Feedback on the final product from entrepreneurs
- Opportunities for future collaboration
What we will expect from you?
- New and creative ideas, aproaches and simply an out-of-box thinking in dealing with your challenge
- Attendance of the Summer School activities
- Prototype of a new Green Tech product, service or solution
- Presentation and marketing stand/booth at the Gala Event
- Ideas for a business model
Who can participate?
Master and Doctoral students from Engineering, Design, Business and Marketing or other related fields
How to apply?
An application form will be available on this web page till July 20, 2016. All you need to do is fill it out and we will contact you with further details.
Fees for participants
€ 50/ € 30 (for students of Riga Technical University)
The fee covers courses and lectures, working materials, meals and attendance of social events.
International students are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses. Help with finding suitable accommodation in Riga and advice on travel options will be provided upon request.
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of this course stating that you have done the necessary amount of work for 3 ECTS.
If you wish to receive an official RTU certificate for 3 ECTS, we can provide you with the option to be officially enrolled in course “Technology Transfer and Product Design” for an extra fee of €136 + VAT (€164.56).
If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!